DFRC Blue-Gold All★Star Football Game
Be An Inspiration.
Game Day for the 65th DFRC Blue-Gold All★Star Football Game is almost here! We are excited because we are able to play the game at the University of Delaware Stadium. We will be following the rules set by the University of Delaware (UD) so some things will be different and we want to share those details with you. This is a lot of information, so please take your time and read it all:
- Game Day is Friday, June 18, 2021. Because of social distancing requirements, seating is limited. Purchase your tickets as soon as possible. Ticket information is below.
- Parking and stadium gates open at 5:00. Parking is free this year.
- There will be NO TAILGATING before or after the game.
- Pregame Announcements: 6:00 Kickoff: 7:00
- DFRC cannot sell tickets this year. UD will handle all ticket sales on this website: University of Delaware Athletics | Online Ticket Office | 65th DFRC Blue-Gold All*Star Football Game (evenue.net)
- You must purchase tickets with a credit card from the website provided by UD.
- Each ticket will be an assigned seat. There is no general admission seating this year.
- In order to maintain social distancing, tickets will only be sold in groups of two or four. For example, if you need 1 ticket, you will be required to purchase 2 tickets. If you need 3 tickets, you will be required to purchase 4 tickets.
- Ticket costs: $12, $17, and $22. When you go to the website to purchase tickets, you will see where the seats are located for each price range. On the ticket site, the Gold team will be on the “home bench.” The Blue team will be on the “visitor bench.”
- All tickets must be purchased from the UD website with a credit card. We recommend purchasing tickets as soon as possible. If you come to the game and need to purchase tickets, you will need to access the website and pay with a credit card. There will be no physical ticket window or physical tickets available.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED when you enter the stadium and when walking around the stadium. When you are in your seats, you may remove your mask.
- We are not permitted to sell food or drinks at the game. Spectators are permitted to bring unopened, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks into the game in a clear plastic bag. NO GLASS, CANS, backpacks or coolers are allowed.
- DFRC will sell merchandise and yearbooks.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to have our parade or the buddy charge, when buddies run onto the field to meet their high school participants before the game.
- During the game, the announcer will ask any members of the Class of 2020 in attendance to stand at their seats or wave their hands and be recognized. We will not be gathering as a group.
Please understand that we are thrilled to be allowed to play the game this year. Some of the things we’re used to doing will have to wait until next year, but we are going to have an awesome night and we hope you and your family will join us. As always, if you have any questions, please call the DFRC office: (302) 454-2730. Keep this information so you can refer to it later for reminders.
Our Blue-Gold High School Participants – Ambassadors, Band Member, Cheerleaders, and Football Players – play a vital role in the success the DFRC Blue-Gold program and the DFRC mission to enrich the lives of Delawareans with intellectual disABILITIES.
Many of the students take part in our Hand-in-Hand program where they are matched with children and young adults with intellectual disABILITIES – our Blue-Gold All★Star Buddies – to share their Blue-Gold experience leading up to Game Day.
Each month of the program, there are statewide events– a dance party, a bowling outing, a picnic, and more! – organized by the DFRC Blue-Gold Committee. Participants and Buddies often get together between events to see movies, go to school events, or just talk and hang out together.
As a member of the community, you can support our DFRC Blue-Gold program by: liking DFRC on Facebook and following us on Instagram and Twitter as well as checking our calendar, donating, and best of all-- attending DFRC events like the annual DFRC Blue-Gold All★Star Football Game!
DFRC asks you to join us and thank our DFRC Blue-Gold football game sponsors!